What is Dungeons and Dragons
- • D&D is a role-playing game with specific rules and many sided dice.
- • One person runs the game, called the Dungeon Master (DM).
- • The DM guides 3-6 players through a prepared adventure.
- • Each player has a character e.g an Elf Wizard or a Dwarf Fighter.
- • Characters have attributes like Strength, stats such as Armor Class and equipment such as a spell book or battle axe.
- • The rule books specify how spells, skills and combat works.
- • The players direct their characters actions and decisions while the DM describes what happens to them in the story.
- • The goal might be just to survive, slay monsters and gain treasure.